Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Farah Ali Beef Stir Fry

Hey friends! I haven't posted in a while, but things have been CRAZY this Ramadan. I wanted to post a quick recipe that I recently made that was D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S! ( I'm spelling it out with CAPs just to emphasize how delicious it was.) I'm always on the lookout for a good stir fry recipe, and most of them are usually a big fail. But this one was great! The combo of the veggies with the beef and sauce was so yummy.The stir fry sauce had a distinct flavor that I'm always trying to emulate in my Asian dishes and fail to do so. This is by far one of my favorite stir fry recipes. Thank you Farah Ali for this delicious recipe!! =)


    • * Note on the recipe: When I made it, I used Shittake mushrooms which gave it an AMAZING flavor. Also I would add the beef first instead of the veggies, I think it would be easier to cook the beef.
      Vegetables:
      -1 bell pepper thinly sliced
      -1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
      -1/4 cup bean sprouts
      -handful of snow peas
      -(I used canned mushrooms bc I forgot to get fresh ones! so small can of mushrooms or 1/2 cup fresh)
      - 1 green onion thinly sliced
      -1/2 small sweet onion thinly sliced


      Sauce:
      - 2 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
      - 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
      - 1 tsp honey
      - 1 tsp lemon juice
      - 1 Tbsp garlic chili
      - 3 garlic cloves, minced
      - 2 tsp cornstarch
      - I used 4 Tbsp of chicken broth bc I had some left over, you can always use water instead


      Mix the sauce ingredients together and you can always taste it and see if you need to add anything to it, it tastes a lot better cooked than just like that! lol


      Heat a skillet on medium high with 3 Tbsp canola oil once it's completely hot mix in vegetables and stir for 1 min, then add the sauce, stir for 2 more minutes, then add beef and stir for an additional 3 minutes.


No comments:

Post a Comment